Sunday, May 1, 2011

Coffee, Chimpanzees, and Cake, Oh My!

We have been working on getting our house ready to sell...slowly but surely. John's latest project was to put a new railing on the deck which included blocking off the holes around the two oak trees. He did a wonderful job!! My husband is very handy and crafty!!
I planted some herbs in pots...my first "herb garden"!

He also won a Coffea Arabcia Coffee tree at a Starbucks meeting. So we're now in the business of growing our own beans!! haha kidding It takes several years to produce beans. I'll let you know in a few years how that goes. :) I have a "brown thumb", not a green one.


Today while running errands we went to a Starbucks (not John's). Kaylee saw the cake pops through the pastry case and just HAD to have one...okay, okay... I had to have one. ;) She had the first couple bites for the photo op.

My friend who made Kaylee's Easter shirt also made this shirt for her!! "I love you a-latte" is a common phrase in our house. Also, "I love you Venti", "Have a Grande", and "See you latte". I know, we're cheesy. :)




Last week Kaylee and I went to the Ashboro Zoo with 2 moms from my MOPS group. One of them has twin 4 year old boys, and the other mom has one 4 year old boy. We spent 6 HOURS at the zoo, plus the 3 hours in the truck (round trip) which made for a long day, but we had a great time! The boys entertained Kaylee which helped her push through the "I'm so tired but refuse to take a nap because I might miss cool animals" phase. Once we got back to the truck she fell asleep before I even had her buckled into her carseat.

Watching the Chimpanzees...well, Kaylee is watching the boys!

Riding in Style!


No comments:

Then

During the last few weeks of pregnancy, Kate listened to Brad Paisley's new song "Then". She didn't just listen to it a few times, she obsessively played the song on repeat, learned every word, and sung it at the top of her lungs while driving. Then one day a few weeks after Kaylee was born, Kate was driving with Kaylee by themselves. Kaylee began to cry...then scream. It didn't matter how much Kate reassured her, pulled over to make sure something wasn't wrong, or attempted to hold the pacifier in place with one arm backwards while driving. It finally occurred to Kate that maybe Kaylee wants mommy to sing to her (although no one else would want this!). So Kate put track #4 on and began to sing. Kaylee immediately calmed down. Low and behold, it's not even mommy's singing that Kaylee likes! It's Brad's!