Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Favorites

I'm sorry it's been so long since I've blogged! Blogger wouldn't let me sign in for more than a week! So to anyone who kept checking with bated breath for the latest updates and had to keep looking at squirrels and lizards, I'm sorry. :)

However, there isn't much to report! It's been 95 degrees with 80% humidty on average for 2 weeks now...where did Spring go? We went from 60 to 95 in a blink! So we try to stay inside.

Let's see...you probably want some cute pictures. :) Prepare yourself, I've gone a little crazy. I just think Kaylee is the cutest thing I've ever laid eyes on. She and her daddy are my favorites things on this planet!

Kaylee is obsessed with books and would rather read than do anything else. In fact, after reading no less than 3 books before bed she continues to read to herself and Puppy in her crib. When she wakes up in the morning, she reads to herself for who knows how long. One morning I woke up at 9am (she has been my alarm for 7:30am for a solid 18 months now) and went running to her room wondering why she wasn't awake yet and she was contently reading to Puppy. I have no clue how long she had been awake.
Story time with Daddy before bed.

More Daddy time!

Have I ever mentioned (complained) about the fact that our hose is a far distance from the house, and is located in the well "house" along with mice, bugs, spiders, and probably snakes? Not to mention the redbug infestations hiding in the pathways to the well house. So that explains why I prefer to fill up a storage bin in the house with a few buckets of water and call this a pool:

John and I were working on projects in the house and needed Kaylee to stay entertained. Give this girl a corndog, goldfish, milk and Madagascar and she'll sit for hours...well, however long the movie is.

Happy Memorial Day!


Watching the dogs

Kaylee's newest skill is brushing her teeth all by herself. I usually brush them after she does just to make sure, but she's pretty good at it.


Ha! I couldn't pass up one more nature shot. John saw this bunny sitting by Kaylee's tree. I hope he/she stays in the front yard though...Gauge has been known to catch bunnies.

No comments:

Then

During the last few weeks of pregnancy, Kate listened to Brad Paisley's new song "Then". She didn't just listen to it a few times, she obsessively played the song on repeat, learned every word, and sung it at the top of her lungs while driving. Then one day a few weeks after Kaylee was born, Kate was driving with Kaylee by themselves. Kaylee began to cry...then scream. It didn't matter how much Kate reassured her, pulled over to make sure something wasn't wrong, or attempted to hold the pacifier in place with one arm backwards while driving. It finally occurred to Kate that maybe Kaylee wants mommy to sing to her (although no one else would want this!). So Kate put track #4 on and began to sing. Kaylee immediately calmed down. Low and behold, it's not even mommy's singing that Kaylee likes! It's Brad's!