Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day part 2

John amazingly squeezed in all his husband/daddy duties in this morning before he had to work tonight. He let me sleep in until 10:00am! While I slept away he and Kaylee had a fun morning playing. Then he made his famous french toast for breakfast and we went out to build my swing! We finished the swing just before he had to leave for work.

After Kaylee and I ate lunch we got ready to head into town. I honestly didn't realize that Kaylee and I even owned the same clothes until after I was dressed and was headed to dress her too. Black shirts, jeans, and (fake) black Converses! So of course we had to take some matching mother-daughter pictures! These pics were timer self-portraits which is very hard to do with a 22 month old, but aren't we just the cutest? ;)



Then we went to Home Depot to get a potted plant for the corner of the deck by the swing! I ended up with a small rose bush...we'll see how well I keep it up. An herb garden, a coffee tree, and now a rose bush...I really hope I keep them all alive!
This is how I ride at Home Depot...shh, don't tell Jimmie Johnson that we went to "that other store".

Then we went to Taco Bell for dinner. If it were up to Kaylee, we'd eat Taco Bell for every meal. Yes, that is an empty Mexican Pizza box...and yes, she ate the entire thing.

And here is the swing with the new side table, rose bush and citronella candles burning to keep the bugs away!
Don't you want to come visit and swing with me? A cup of coffee? A glass of sweet tea? A good book? Oh, the possibilities! It folds out flat...maybe I'll go sleep there tonight. ;)



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, the cutest! Sounds like a wonderful Mother's Day! You deserve it. ~emgray

Then

During the last few weeks of pregnancy, Kate listened to Brad Paisley's new song "Then". She didn't just listen to it a few times, she obsessively played the song on repeat, learned every word, and sung it at the top of her lungs while driving. Then one day a few weeks after Kaylee was born, Kate was driving with Kaylee by themselves. Kaylee began to cry...then scream. It didn't matter how much Kate reassured her, pulled over to make sure something wasn't wrong, or attempted to hold the pacifier in place with one arm backwards while driving. It finally occurred to Kate that maybe Kaylee wants mommy to sing to her (although no one else would want this!). So Kate put track #4 on and began to sing. Kaylee immediately calmed down. Low and behold, it's not even mommy's singing that Kaylee likes! It's Brad's!