Sunday, January 8, 2012

Growing up

When my sister and I were growing up there were 2 kinds of braids we could choose from: 1. The Grammie braid, named for my Grammie Holt who braided this way. It is a braid with just one rubberband at the end but not a french braid. And 2. The Adelaide braid, named for a friend of mine in Kindergarten who wore her hair in a braid every day. Her braids started and ended with rubberbands. I think my mom knew how to french braid but I never sat still long enough for that kind. I've braided Kaylee's hair both ways but the Grammie braid falls out easily and the Adelaide braid looks like a rat tail! eek! So tonight after her bath I attempted a French braid!

Here's Kaylee's first French Braid and MY first time ever french braiding!

Pretty cool huh?! I'm impressed with myself! But there is a little twinge of sadness that my BABY has hair long enough to braid!

No comments:

Then

During the last few weeks of pregnancy, Kate listened to Brad Paisley's new song "Then". She didn't just listen to it a few times, she obsessively played the song on repeat, learned every word, and sung it at the top of her lungs while driving. Then one day a few weeks after Kaylee was born, Kate was driving with Kaylee by themselves. Kaylee began to cry...then scream. It didn't matter how much Kate reassured her, pulled over to make sure something wasn't wrong, or attempted to hold the pacifier in place with one arm backwards while driving. It finally occurred to Kate that maybe Kaylee wants mommy to sing to her (although no one else would want this!). So Kate put track #4 on and began to sing. Kaylee immediately calmed down. Low and behold, it's not even mommy's singing that Kaylee likes! It's Brad's!