Here is what she has been up to lately:
- She weighs in at 15 lbs and is 26 inches long. She has tripled her birth weight and grown 9 inches in 6 months!
- She knows her name and smiles when you say it.
- She is sitting up unsupported for a few seconds at a time, we're working on more daily.
- She stands while holding onto our fingers or an object for at least a minute. She has to be wearing the socks with the grippy stuff on the bottoms or else she does the splits. :)
- She talks a lot at home, but appears to be shy around other people.
- She is mastering the thumb sucking and loves to hold onto something while she sucks. Her new favorite thing to hold onto is a floppy bunny with big, long floppy ears from Michelle.
We started rice cereal on Christmas day. I am so glad we waited until 6 months to start solid foods. She was a pro at eating as soon as we put the first bite in her mouth!
I wipe my own face too!
I want to try it myself!
She must have decided that she is a big girl now...I handed her an empty sippy cup one day just to play with and she knew exactly what to do with it. So no more bottles!
She also held on tight and rocked herself on her rocking moose! I only intended to put her on it for a picture but she seemed to have a blast!
This is fun!!!
We were able to Skype with my dad, Michele, Mandy, Seth, Crum, and the "other" Haaks on Christmas!
Aunt Charlene and Uncle Tim came for Christmas this year. What a treat!
Happy New Year to you all!