Saturday, January 23, 2010

Another beautiful day...

I am slowly starting to get my etsy shop up and running again. With a broken sewing machine currently, I have switched over to making hair bows for babies until I get the machine fixed. And since I have such a cute model to show off my bows I end up taking pictures of her rather than the actual bows! haha I am making a few bows for some of the baby girls in my mom's Bible study to hopefully get some feedback before I make a bunch to sell. As for today's photo session, here is a picture of Kaylee...I mean, the flower clip. :)

1 comment:

Heather said...

Kate - I'm super excited to check out your etsy shop!!! I'm currently using my Grandma's old Bernina which she sent home with me on the plane from Montana. It is a very nice machine (works great) but I would never have purchased it on my own. I used an old Kennmore before that and it was great too until it kicked the bucket after 3 years of hard use and no tune-ups. :)

Then

During the last few weeks of pregnancy, Kate listened to Brad Paisley's new song "Then". She didn't just listen to it a few times, she obsessively played the song on repeat, learned every word, and sung it at the top of her lungs while driving. Then one day a few weeks after Kaylee was born, Kate was driving with Kaylee by themselves. Kaylee began to cry...then scream. It didn't matter how much Kate reassured her, pulled over to make sure something wasn't wrong, or attempted to hold the pacifier in place with one arm backwards while driving. It finally occurred to Kate that maybe Kaylee wants mommy to sing to her (although no one else would want this!). So Kate put track #4 on and began to sing. Kaylee immediately calmed down. Low and behold, it's not even mommy's singing that Kaylee likes! It's Brad's!