Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Working hard...

John and I have been attending Financial Peace University at our church on Monday nights. It has been a great experience as we are learning to manage our finances, save for emergencies in addition to regular savings, and plan for the future. As most of our friends, we have felt stuck here in the middle class, living paycheck to paycheck, and always feeling stretched. FPU has given us a plan (not just hope)to build wealth steadily to move into a more relaxed financial state of mind. (now, hopefully Obama doesn't get elected and penalize those of us who work hard for their money by giving it all away to those who don't!) One of the suggestions is to get a second job.

So I'd like to introduce my new online store!!

Yes, like the bug. Also what my dad called me growing up! :) I'd like to say that the name is spelled funny because I'm just that creative, but it's spelled phonetically because other people already had the correct spelling. Luckily I have a creative husband who came up with the new spelling when I had already given up on the name! :) It is definitely in the beginning stages but now that I have free time in the evenings and weekends, I'm sure I'll build the inventory quickly.

www.kayteedids.etsy.com


I would love feedback, constructive criticism, and ideas!

1 comment:

emgray said...

So fun, Kate! What a great way to turn a hobby into extra cash. I look forward to watching your store grow!!

Then

During the last few weeks of pregnancy, Kate listened to Brad Paisley's new song "Then". She didn't just listen to it a few times, she obsessively played the song on repeat, learned every word, and sung it at the top of her lungs while driving. Then one day a few weeks after Kaylee was born, Kate was driving with Kaylee by themselves. Kaylee began to cry...then scream. It didn't matter how much Kate reassured her, pulled over to make sure something wasn't wrong, or attempted to hold the pacifier in place with one arm backwards while driving. It finally occurred to Kate that maybe Kaylee wants mommy to sing to her (although no one else would want this!). So Kate put track #4 on and began to sing. Kaylee immediately calmed down. Low and behold, it's not even mommy's singing that Kaylee likes! It's Brad's!